- Activate: how can I activate my itsme® account ?
To activate itsme®, you need to download the itsme® app from the App Store or Google Play and create an itsme® account. You can do this with your eID card (from the age of 18) or through your bank (start via the app itself)
NOTE: Do you have a new smartphone, or new phone number or wish to reactivate the app after deleting or blocking it? You can follow the same activating procedure.
- Block: how can I block my itsme®?
Have you clicked on a suspicious link or noticed suspicious activity? And you'd like to block your account? Block your itsme® account via the itsme® website.
· Enter your telephone number and given name(s). Please mind, enter all the given name(s) written exactly the same as it is written on your ID card.
· Confirm that you wish to block your itsme® account
· Your account is now blocked (you will receive a confirmation by SMS)
- Login error: authentication interrupted on government websites:
This issue is not linked to itsme®. You can get this error message when you try to log in to government websites from a mobile web browser.
How do I solve the problem?
Please make sure that you are using your smartphone's default web browser or that you aren't surfing in private mode. You can change the default browser in the settings of your smartphone. For Android, we recommend not using Samsung Internet but using a different browser instead. This will avoid the error message.
TIP! if you visit the partner page via the itsme® app, the issue won't happen!
- New number: what do I have to do when I have a new phone number?
Is your itsme® account active? Then you can easily change your phone number yourself in your itsme® app.
Open your itsme® app and go to the menu (top right corner for iOS, top left for Android).
Go to "my data" and there you can modify your phone number.
Follow the steps and confirm.
Is your account not activated? Then you can reactivate it with your new number on our website. You will need a PC with a card reader. Just follow the instructions on this page with your new phonenumber.